Pesto is practically a weekly dish in our house. This recipe is done in one pan which makes for easy clean up! I think you’ll find that this pesto is the besto, or at least pretty goodo.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into ½-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup heavy cream or milk
- ½ grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pesto
- 3 cups penne pasta, cooked and drained
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Chopped basil to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned.
- Mix in the heavy cream (or milk), parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly combined.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce has reduced, about 5-7 minutes.
- Toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. Remove from heat.
To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top and enjoy!