This simple breakfast is soooo yummy. This recipe is great for a Saturday morning and both kids and adults will love it! I like ham on my melts, but my fiancé loves bacon! Feel free to experiment with the meats and cheeses!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 slices deli-thin ham or 2 strips of thick-cut cooked bacon
- 2 thick slices of mozzarella cheese
- 2 thick slices tomato
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 cup cream cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to broil, or 500 degrees.
- Very lightly toast bagel and generously spread cream cheese to each bagel half.
- Whisk 1 of the eggs and half the milk together in a separate, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the scrambled eggs on top of one of the bagel halves.
- Repeat this process for the 2nd egg.
- Next, place the meats on top of the eggs on each bagel half.
- Add the tomatoes to each half and top with the slices of cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and broil in oven for 2 minutes. It is ready when the cheese begins to bubble and brown!