Guacamole is as necessary as Margaritas when it comes to eating tex-mex! And it’s a lot easier to make than you think. Use this yummy recipe whenever you decide to get southern and spicy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1+ tsp. chula or your favorite hot sauce sauce
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced
- fresh cilantro
- Cut the avocados in 1/2, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl.
- Add the lime juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well.
- Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Mix well and add salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!