Tuna is one of my favorite fish to cook with. It’s relatively inexpensive and usually kid friendly if you have picky eaters! This recipe is scrumptious and perfect for a light, weekend meal. You can make this on a grill, a griddle, or a cast iron skillet!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups diced papaya
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 fresh jalapeños
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Combine the papaya, onion, and red pepper in a bowl. Add the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and jalapeno. Toss to combine, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat a grill, griddle, or cast iron pan on medium-high heat, and lightly oil.
- Brush the tuna steaks with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl until smooth. Dip the tuna steaks in the egg, and allow excess egg to run off. Press into the macadamia nuts.
- Cook the tuna steaks on the preheated grill to your desired degree of doneness, about 2 minutes per side for medium.
- Serve with the papaya salsa, and maybe potatoes and a vegetable and enjoy!