This is my sweetheart’s recipe. When people say they don’t like cranberry sauce it’s because they haven’t tried this recipe. Miss you, honey.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 12 oz. package fresh cranberries
- 1 c. fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 c. water
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 pkg. raspberry jello
- 1 pkg. cranberry jello
- 2 c. boiling water
- 3 c. ice
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 c. choped pecans
- Bring water and sugar to boil. Cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Add raspberries and cranberries.
- Bring water to boil again, the turn down to medium heat.
- Cook raspberries and cranberries until most of the cranberries “pop.”
- Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Boil water, then add to jello mixtures in a medium bowl.
- Whisk for about 2 minutes, until jello is completely dissolved.
- Add ice cubes and stir until ice is melted.
- Add the jello to the sauce, then add apples and pecans.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours. Stir every so often so the ingredients don’t sink to the bottom.