This veggie favorite is a classic! I like this recipe specifically because of the garlic and onion, which adds a nice kick to it. And it’s also super kid friendly.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bunches spinach, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and then add the olive oil.
- Mix in the onions and garlic; cook for 2 minutes until soft.
- Add the chopped spinach and warm through.
- Add the salt, nutmeg and the heavy cream. Mix well. Cook until liquid reduces by half, roughly 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!